The Samford Support Network (SSN) consist of local unpaid volunteers (run by a volunteer non-paid Management Committee) working with other organisations to assist current and former Samford community clients who are registered with the Samford Support Network.
The SSN provides assistance to people in our community with a wide range of individual caring and support services in the following suburbs only within the 4520 Queensland postcode area:
Samford Village, Samford Valley, Wights Mountain, Camp Mountain, Highvale, Closeburn, Cedar Creek, Yugar and Draper.
The Samford Support Network supports our community with the following objectives:
- Provide support (including but not limited to transport, social network and emergency support) to people in the Samford Area who are:
- struggling and frail elderly; or
- struggling and have a disability; or
- struggling and incapacitated due to illness, trauma or accident; or
- Offer transport to and/or from the Samford Area for people meeting objective (a) above, who used to live in the Samford Area and now live within the proximity of the Samford Area and cannot drive themselves.
- Receive and acquit financial support through grants and community sources to further the objectives of the association.